Thursday, May 26, 2016

QUIET & NOISY JOYS




First the quiet. I strolled on a warm afternoon along The Embankment. Finding a swanky and comfortable looking eatery, I chose a seat in the shade, ordered a bowl of goulash and kvelled for about an hour.  I kept muttering to myself, You are enjoying a most delicious bowl of soup and watching the Danube flow by. Wow!



On busy Vaci Utca (pronounced Va-tsee You-tsa) it is a bit livelier, especially with the presence of a condor and a cormorant. I hope they enjoyed their apple pie with ice cream as much as I enjoyed mine.



Then, in the early evening, a joyful noise! In St. Michael Church, directly across the street from my apartment, and evening of trumpet and organ, with glorious full-throated works of Albinoni, Bach (3 pieces), Handel, Charpentier, Frank, Ferenc and Purcell.



What a blessing to sit in the cool quiet of the church and let the music and passion and brilliance wash over you.



No comments: